The Society of Louisiana CPAs (LCPA) is partnering with Junior Achievement (JA) and the Louisiana Bankers Education Council (LBEC) to educate and inspire students about work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy. Students spend one school
day participating in age-appropriate JA activities that help them understand the important connections between education, career, salary and desired lifestyle.
No prior JA or classroom experience is required.
- All lessons are pre-planned and a classroom kit containing all the materials you need is provided in advance.
- You get an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to assist you in the classroom.
- A JA staff member will provide training for first-time volunteers.
- Teachers are present and handle classroom organization and discipline.
- You can even team teach with a friend and share the lessons.
- Tell us which grade level you prefer, or let us pick one for you.
How much time will it take?
JA Day itself is on average 8:00 am to 2:30 pm, but most classes end earlier depending on grade level.
- The 60-minute, required training for first-time volunteers can be scheduled with your area JA Program Manager.
- Allow for some time to go through your classroom packet to prepare selected materials in advance to ensure you’re ready to give a great presentation.
Complete the Volunteer Form below today!
Questions? Contact Ann Lupo 800.288.5272 ext. 125, 504.904.1125, email@example.com
Be a Hero and Be Part of the 2018 Financial Literacy Day in Your Area
2910 Ambassador Caffrey Pkwy.
- February 23
10337 Elm Grove Garden Drive
- March 7
4700 Denham Street
- March 21
4145 Gus Young Avenue
- March 27
330 South 19th Street
- May 9
1143 North Street
South Central Louisiana
- March 8
Lee Road Elem/Jr. High
79131 Hwy 40, Covington
- May 8
Bayou Community Academy Charter
800 East 7th St., Thibodaux
- May 11
South Larose Elementary
154 West 25th St., Larose